DENVER – CH2M HILL (www.ch2mhill.com), a global full-service consulting, design, construction, and operations firm, has received recognition for seven of the company’s environmentally progressive projects and programs in the annual Business Achievement Awards program sponsored by the Environmental Business Journal (EBJ) and Climate Change Business Journal (CCBJ).
These awards recognize exceptional business performance in the environmental industry in such categories as establishing new areas of practice, international expansion, outstanding projects, new technology development and contributions to industry and society at large.
CH2M HILL projects and programs receiving award recognitions include:
- Design of the Brightwater Treatment Plant in King County, Washington, the largest membrane bioreactor installation in North America at 39 million gallons per day.
- Growth in the company’s Threat Reduction Practice related to reducing biological threats from extensive biological warfare programs, which offers threat reduction, chemical-biological defense and program management on a worldwide basis.
- WaterMatch, a grassroots, goodwill initiative that harnesses the power of social networking to promote the beneficial reuse of municipal effluent for industrial and agricultural use.
- CH2M HILL’s partnership in CLIMsystems, which develops industry-leading technology for understanding and translating climate science risk into decisions and action for climate resilience.
- CH2M HILL’s development of new technology tools to support the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar America Communities program to accelerate the adoption of solar energy in 25 U.S. cities.
- CH2M HILL’s development of progressive concepts for sustainable technology parks integrating conventional and renewable energy facilities such as Colorado’s Niobrara Energy Park and Nevada’s Star Peak Energy Center.
The 2011 EBJ and CCBJ Business Achievement Awards will be presented in a March 14 banquet in San Diego, California, during the Environmental Industry Summit, an annual three-day event hosted by the EBJ and CCBJ.
Recipients of EBJ and CCBJ Business Achievement Awards were determined by a committee of EBJ staff and EBJ editorial advisory board members. Founded in 1988, Environmental Business International Inc. (EBI, San Diego, Calif.) is a research, publishing and consulting company that specializes in defining emerging markets and generating strategic market intelligence for companies, investors and policymakers. EBI publishes Environmental Business Journal®, the leading provider of strategic information for the environmental industry, and Climate Change Business Journal®, which covers nine segments of the Climate Change Industry. EBI also performs contract research for the government and private sector and founded the Environmental Industry Summit, an annual three-day event for executives in the environmental industry.
Headquartered near Denver, Colorado, USA, employee-owned CH2M HILL is a global leader in consulting, design, design-build, operations, and program management for government, civil, industrial and energy clients. The firm’s work is concentrated in the areas of water, transportation, environmental, energy, facilities and resources. With US$6.3 billion in revenue and 30,000 employees, CH2M HILL is an industry-leading program management, construction management and design firm, as ranked by Engineering News-Record and named a leader in sustainable engineering by Verdantix. The firm has been named a FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For five times. Visit us at www.ch2mhill.com, twitter.com/ch2mhill and facebook.com/ch2mhill.