Measure orthophosphate throughout the wastewater process
YSI, a Xylem brand, introduced this orthophosphate analyzer for use in wastewater treatment plants as a stand-alone analyzer or in conjunction with other sensors in the supplier’s continuous monitoring and control system.
The P 700 measures the amount of orthophosphate throughout the wastewater treatment process — from primary settling to the biological tanks and the effluent. The analyzer’s continuous data improves operational efficiency as well as verifying phosphate elimination in order to meet permit requirements, says White Plains, N.Y.-based Xylem.
In addition to indoor and outdoor versions with climate control, the P 700 analyzer offers:
• Monitoring of orthophosphate for direct control of chemical dosing for phosphorus removal, to reduce operations costs
• Use of proven Vanadomolybdate (yellow) detection method, including optional 0.45 micron filter, as called out by standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater
• Low reagent consumption — exchange solutions every four to eight months depending on measurement range — reducing maintenance requirements and overall costs to run the analyzer
• Verification of permit compliance for lower phosphorus limits
• Compact housing can be rail-mounted
• Samples pump integrated into the analyzer housing; climate control for continuous use available
• Two measuring ranges allows use in locations throughout the wastewater treatment process