Employees evacuated following ammonia leak at food processing plant
COVINGTON, Ky. — A Kentucky food processing plant was forced to close Sunday after an ammonia leak was discovered, Fox19.com reported.
About 160 employees were evacuated from the Club Chef plant in Covington at about 11.30 a.m. The leak was contained and workers were allowed to return 10 hours later.
The leak originated from a refrigeration unit and was contained to a small area.
The plant processes fruits and vegetables for the foodservice industry.