Global Processing

Zhongpin to start production at new plant

June 30, 2008
According to the Associated Press, China-based meat processor Zhongpin Inc. said recently it will start production at its new processing center in the Western Henan province.

The company began construction on the plant in August and said it invested about $14.5 million in the project.

Zhongpin said the plant has the capacity to produce 70,000 metric tons of chilled and frozen pork annually. The company said about 60 percent of the plant will be dedicated to producing chilled pork and the remaining 40 percent will be used to produce frozen pork.

Zhongpin said the new facility increases its production capacity by 22 percent.