- Processing Solutions
- White Papers
- Buyer's Guide
SYKESVILLE, Md. — Several of the world’s leading energy and training industry experts have been added to the list of featured speakers at the SimWorld International 2012 conference, bringing depth of knowledge to the latest trends in simulation for workforce development, plant engineering and industrial processing. SimWorld is a biennial educational conference on technology for the energy and process industries hosted by GSE Systems, Inc. (NYSE Amex – GVP). This year it takes place November 13-14 in Dubai, U.A.E.
Featured guest lecturers include:
· Dr.-Ing. Eberhard Hoffmann – Dr. Hoffmann is the Managing Director and CEO of Kraftwerks-Simulator-Gesellschaft mbH (KSG), the world''s largest simulation training facility of its kind. The facility trains operational personnel from one Dutch and almost all German nuclear power plants. Dr. Hoffmann was a member of the operational committee of the German Reactor Safety Commission from 2004-2009 and has previously held positions at KSG as simulator instructor for BWR plants, simulation software analyst and training manager.
· Jos van Noort – Mr. van Noort is the Learning Advisor for Simulation and Related e-Learning for Shell Downstream Manufacturing. Van Noort was part of the team that selected and introduced simulators and related computer-based learning at Shell in 2005. He still holds the global accountability for this program at Shell. He is also an expert in Competence Development & Assurance programs for Front Line Operations. He previously held roles as reliability engineer, industrial engineer, and competence manager at Shell’s various chemical production and refinery units in the Netherlands.
· Shigeo Kodama – Mr. Kodama is Manager of the Design Service division at Nuclear Engineering, Ltd. (NEL) in Japan. He has a Masters of Engineering degree in nuclear engineering from Kyoto University on numerical modeling and analysis of two-phase flow. Mr. Kodama previously worked in the area of development and maintenance of the Nuclear Power Plant Simulator at NEL.
· Dr. Philip Beeley – Dr. Beeley is currently a Professor of Practice and Program Chair of the Nuclear Engineering Department of Khalifa University’s College of Engineering in the U.A.E. His areas of teaching expertise are nuclear engineering, reactor physics and radiation metrology.
· Jim Eberle – Mr. Eberle is the CEO of GSE Systems and works to expand training programs and develop new training technologies for the energy sector. He was previously VP of Operations at General Physics Corporation where he was responsible for the company’s Training Outsource consulting group for the electrical, electronics and telecommunications markets. Additionally, he ran the company’s open-enrollment Maintenance Training Center.
· Graham Wren – Professor Wren has more than 30 years of experience in nuclear operations, the nuclear supply chain and research and development supporting new products. Professor Wren is the Managing Director of GSE Systems Ltd., located in the United Kingdom and engaged in providing simulation, training and engineering consulting services. He is a Royal Academy of Engineering visiting professor at Strathclyde University.
· Phil Polefrone – Mr. Polefrone is Senior Vice President of Workforce Solutions at GSE Systems. Prior to joining the company, he served as Director of Training and Human Resources for UniStar Nuclear Energy. He was also Operations Director at the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO). He has more than 35 years of impressive military and private-sector engineering, management and operating experience.
These highly credentialed speakers will deliver engaging presentations relating to their field of study with the overarching goal of tackling the cross-industry issue of workforce development. They join keynote speaker and veteran nuclear researcher Dr. Richard K. Lester of MIT at this year’s SimWorld International conference. GSE will continue to add energy and training industry experts to the speaking agenda in the ramp-up to this important event.
Additional information is available at www.simworld.info. SimWorld International can also be found on Facebook and Twitter @SimWorld_Intl.