- Processing Solutions
- Asset Management
- Blowers & Fans
- Dryers & Evaporators
- Filtration & Separation
- Fluid Flow
- Heat Exchangers
- Level Measurement
- Maintenance & Safety
- Mixing & Blending
- Motors & Drives
- Oil Skimmers
- Piping & Tubing
- Packaging Equipment
- Powder & Bulk Solids
- Process Control
- Pumps & Seals
- Size Reduction
- Tanks & Vessels
- Valves & Actuators
- White Papers
- Buyer's Guide
The sterility of equipment used in microbiological quality control of samples in the lab is an essential basic requirement. Sartorius Stedim Biotech helps users meet this requirement by offering the new Microsart® Funnel 100. It now gives users a method that optimally combines time savings, safety and reliability. Reusable stainless steel funnels are usually sanitized by flaming or hot water, but these methods often are unreliable when not properly performed. Autoclaving is a reliable method for sterilizing equipment, but it is too time-consuming. The disposable Microsart® Funnel 100 offers a genuine alternative to overcome the drawbacks of these methods.
It is a sterile plastic funnel with a volume of 100 ml that enables fast filtration in routine microbiological tests of water and other beverages, foods, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
A Sartorius Stedim Biotech gridded membrane filter is positioned on the sterile stainless steel filter support. Then the Microsart® Funnel 100 is conveniently placed on top. Right afterwards, vacuum filtration of the sample can begin.
The funnel is made of polypropylene and has sufficient elasticity to ensure an optimal leak-tight seal thanks to its click-fit closure. Graduated marks at 20 ml, 50 ml and 100 ml enable sample volumes to be poured in accurately. The large inner diameter of the funnel ensures a high flow rate. The optimal shape of the interior allows thorough post-rinsing of the system. So no liquid is retained in the filter funnel.
The new disposable Microsart® Funnel 100 represents yet another further step forward by Sartorius in simplifying microbiological testing. It adds to the line-up of Sartorius Stedim Biotech microbiology products already available. Examples include the following:
- Microsart® Funnel Dispenser: Funnel dispenser for secure removal of single, sterile Microsart® Funnels
- Combisart® 1-, 3- and 6-branch stainless steel manifolds: Stainless steel multi-branch manifolds with sterile-vented filter units
- Sartorius Stedim Biotech Nutrient Pad Sets (NPS): Absorbent pads uniformly impregnated with a standardized culture medium, then dried and sterilized in Petri dishes.
- Mircosart® e.motion Dispenser: Releases membrane filters from their sterile packaging fully automatically at the touch of a button or by hands-free dispensing when the optical sensor detects approaching tweezers
- Mircosart® e.jet:Laboratory vacuum pump that simultaneously performs vacuum filtration and transfers filtrate to the wastewater drain
Reliable results, time savings and easy handling: these are the major benefits of the new Microsart® Funnel 100 from Sartorius Stedim Biotech.