General feature article submission guidelines
Here’s what you need to know:
- Articles submitted for publication should be exclusive to Processing. Articles previously published (in print or online) will not be considered for publication in Processing. Contributed articles published in Processing should not be republished in another publication (in print or online).
- All articles submitted for publication in Processing should be original and provide even-handed discussion (i.e., not promote specific products or brands) of industrial processing topics.
- A Processing editor and the author or their representative will agree on a deadline for submission of the article and all visual materials. If the original deadline cannot be met, please inform the editor as soon as possible.
- After the article is edited by Processing, contributors will have the opportunity to review a final edit of the manuscript prior to publication to ensure clarity and accuracy of technical content. Layout proofs are not provided.
Length and format:
- Length: Approximately 1,200 to 2,000 words.
- The author(s) receive(s) a byline at the start of the article, as well as a biography and headshot at the end. Please provide a 3-4 sentence author bio for all authors, highlighting technical/engineering experience with the topic under consideration, a high-resolution headshot (300 dpi), and direct phone and email contact info for reader follow-up.
- Visual appeal adds greatly to your article, so please supply photos, charts or diagrams that help illustrate or explain the text. You or your company must own the rights to these photos and graphics or gain written permission to use them for publication. You or your company will receive a photo/graphic credit for the photos that are published. Photos (high-resolution/300 dpi) and graphics should be emailed as separate documents (preferably in JPG, TIFF or EPS format). Photos embedded in text documents cannot be used.
- Upon publication of the article on com, Processing will provide the contributor a link to their article for sharing on websites and via social media. All references to the article online should point directly to the published article on processingmagazine.com.
- PDF reprints are available at a cost.
- Do not reference specific products, brands, services or other promotional material.
- Use the active voice. Write in the third person; do not use “I,” “we” or “you.”
- Processing adheres to AP Style. Submissions will be edited for AP and internal style guidelines.
Please submit pitches and completed manuscripts to:
Amy W. Richardson, Editor in Chief, Processing
firstname.lastname@example.org; (205) 409-0606