Hydraulic Institute develops PEI calculator
One of the biggest challenges manufacturers will face as they prepare to meet the 2020 compliance and labeling requirements outlined by the Department of Energy (DOE) pump energy conservation standard released January 2016 will be calculating the Pump Energy Index (PEI).
The DOE Test Procedure is based on the Hydraulic Institute’s (HI) standard for pump efficiency testing (HI 40.6). It is a multi-step process, and the data required to determine a pump’s PEI can vary according to the product configuration. To help pump manufacturers understand the complex test procedure and calculate PEI in a consistent manner, HI developed two different PEI Calculator tools with the help of member companies Engineered Software Inc. and Intelliquip LLC.
The online calculator is available at HERE. Members can also receive a copy of the excel calculator during the HI Annual Conference and Centennial Celebration slated for March 8-13, 2017, in Orlando, Florida, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Industrial Ethernet, wireless use growing fast in industrial landscape
An increasing need for industrial devices to be connected and growth of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) has caused accelerated growth in the industrial Ethernet and wireless areas of the industrial network market, according to international industrial communications company HMS Industrial Networks. Industrial Ethernet now makes up 46 percent of the market, up from 38 percent last year. Wireless technologies also have a strong showing at 6 percent of the market share. Combined, Ethernet and wireless now make up 52 percent of the market share, with fieldbuses making up the remaining 48 percent.
SoyNut Butter Co. recalls butters, granola due to possible E.Coli contamination
All varieties of I.M. Healthy SoyNut Butters and I.M. Healthy Granola products were recalled by The SoyNut Butter Co. because of possible E.Coli contamination, according to NBC and other sources. The bacteria, which can cause serious and potentially life threatening foodborne illness, has sickened at least 16 people in nine states, eight of whom required hospitalization.
Affected I.M. Healthy products were distributed to schools, childcare centers and retail stores in multiple states and were also available through mail order services. All best-buy dates of all varieties were considered affected.
Stacy’s Pita Chips recognizes Women’s History Month
Stacy’s Pita Chips is unveiling limited-edition bags in recognition of Women’s History Month. The designs feature artwork that honors the courageous women who have shaped the nation’s history. For each consumer registration, the Stacy’s brand makes a $10 donation to Step Up to support mentoring programs for young women to help them achieve their full potential in business and in life. The special bags will be released nationally at the end of the month.