Cary, NC, Jan. 13, 2020 (FiltXPO release) — Gas phased filtration, biomanufacturing technologies, desalination developments, solution blow spinning and breakthrough filtration and separation product designs are just a few of the keynote themes that will be addressed at the upcoming FiltXPO International Filtration/Separation Exhibition & Technical Conference, Feb. 26-28, at Navy Pier in Chicago.
The overall FiltXPO program will be chaired by Behnam Pourdeyhimi, Ph.D., Associate Dean for Industry Research and Extension, North Carolina State University, and Executive Director, The Nonwovens Institute. Co-chairs are Paul Marold, President, Lydall Performance Materials, and Taylor Sulmonetti, Ph.D., Associate, Exponent. For the latest program updates, visit filtxpo.com
The seven prominent keynote speakers are:
- Membrane Filtration – Aflal Rahmathullah, Ph.D., Manager, Liquid Filtration Engineering, Donaldson Company, Inc.
- Water Filtration – Eric M.V. Hoek, Ph.D., Professor, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering and Director, UCLA Sustainable LA Grand Challenge, and Editor-in-Chief of npj Clean Water
- Separation & Manufacturing – Shagufta Patel, Ph.D. Research Scientist, Parker Hannifin Company
- Biopharmaceutical – Michael Phillips, Ph.D. Technical Director – Next Generation BioProcessing R&D, MilliporeSigma
- Air/Gas Filtration – Michael O'Laughlin, Vice President, Advanced Solutions, Lydall Performance Materials, Inc.
- Filter Media Modeling – Hooman V. Tafreshi, Ph.D., Chaired Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Nanofiber Filter Media – Eliton Medeiros, Ph.D., Professor, Federal University of Para
“FiltXPO will feature thought leaders and innovators in the most up-to-date areas that are critical to filtration and separation. Attendees will gain knowledge, insights, and connections to transform their businesses, making FiltXPO a not-to-be-missed event,” said Pourdeyhimi.
The conference will feature 32 presentations with technical insights on a wide range of filtration and separation processes to FiltXPO attendees. Newest updates include:
- Materials Development for Next Generation Biopharmaceutical Process Filtration: Francis Porbeni, Ph.D., Product/Application Development Specialist of 3M’s Biopharmaceutical Purification Business Unit. Porbeni will reveal how new, high-performance purification devices using carefully selected nonwovens and surface chemistry are meeting manufacturing’s complex needs. Discover how novel new filter media is able to remove significant levels of host cell proteins and DNA from a bioprocess stream while also addressing key production challenges.
- Electrostatic Transparent Air Filter Membranes Comprising Metallized Microfibers for Particulate Removal: Alexander Yarin, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago. Yarin will present how air filters made with metallized fibers can remove 97 percent of particulate matter from the air while offering filter longevity and improved public health.
- High Productivity Nonwoven Membrane Adsorbers for Biological Product Capture: Ruben Carbonell, Ph.D., Chief Technology Officer of the National Institute for Innovation in Manufacturing Biopharmaceuticals (NIIMBL). Carbonell will discuss how membrane adsorbers using nonwovens offer numerous benefits for high-resolution separations of proteins.
FiltXPO highlights include concurrent exhibits featuring products and technologies from filtration and separation industry leaders and also a Filter Media Training Course led by Chris Plotz, INDA's Director of Education & Technical Affairs, on Feb. 25-26.
Conference registrants will also receive a floor pass to the exhibit hall and lunch vouchers for the exhibit hall food vendors.
Registration is open on the FiltXPO website, to register visit https://www.filtxpo.com/registration.html
FiltXPO will continue to add focused topics geared to engineers, scientists, and industry professionals to the expanding program. For updates and registration information, visit FiltXPO
FiltXPO is the only North American exhibition and technical conference dedicated exclusively to filtration and separation. The three-day event features sessions focused on the hottest topics in air and gas filtration, biopharmaceutical, filter media modeling, membrane technologies, nanofiber, separating and manufacturing and water filtration.