WEFTEC is the world’s most comprehensive gathering of water quality professionals and thought leaders, featuring the sector’s leading conference program, an extensive exhibition showcasing the field’s most cutting-edge solutions, and a variety of valuable networking opportunities.
WEFTEC 2020 will be a fully virtual event on the WEFTEC Connect online learning platform that offers attendees interactive education, an exhibitor showcase and networking experiences.
The event will run from Oct. 5-9 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., with dedicated exhibitor hours from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Features of WEFTEC Connect include:
- Live, interactive learning with Q&A
- Prerecorded technical presentations
- View content on demand for a full year
- Talk directly with product and service suppliers in the water sector
- Set up 1:1 audio/video-enabled appointments or instantly message company contacts
- Watch video product launches and equipment demonstrations and download resources
- Connect with community through text chat channels or audio/video-enabled roundtables
- Allow AI-technology to match peer-to-peer exchanges with other attendees and exhibitors based on data provided in participant profile
In addition to exhibitor hours, each day of the conference will include keynote speakers, Solutions Sessions and “Ask the Expert” sessions.
The event will be kicked off by keynote speaker René Rodriguez, who will use his training in applied behavioral neuroscience to teach water professionals how to reframe adversity and harness the power of courage to become more thoughtful, engaged and adaptable leaders.
Ask the Expert Session topics include “Knowledge Development Forum: Theoretical and Practical Debate to Improve EBPR Modeling Practice” and “Not Just Blowing Hot Air: Aeration Design and Optimization.”
Solutions Sessions will include topics such as “Nutrient Analyzers and Sensors” as well as “Fundamentals — Secondary School on Aeration Blowers, Diffusers, and Process Control.”
WEFTEC will also include Operations Challenge, which has been reshaped for a virtual experience. Two-person teams will compete remotely in three categories: process control, laboratory and collections. Judges will score each team in real-time during their scheduled virtual session, and the winners in each category will be announced at the Operations Challenge awards ceremony on Oct. 8. For the most up-to-date information about the competitions, go to www.weftec.org/attend/operations-challenge.
Each day of the conference will close with fun social events like a trivia night, movie night, happy hour and a networking roundtable. Visit www.weftec.org/faqs for answers to frequently asked questions, and go to www.weftec.org/register to view a full list of policies and deadlines. |